Q. How can I tell who my adviser is?


You can find your advisor listed on MyDC under the Student Tab. Scroll down to the "My Academic Information" section - your advisor(s) will be listed in this area along with your intended major. 

If you have not declared a major, however, your advisor will be Lisa Crumit-Hancock until the time at which you designate a major. It will then switch over to someone in the department for the program of your choosing. (To contact Lisa, email her at lcrumithancock@defiance.edu or visit her office located on the main floor of the Pilgrim Library), to the right of the entrance as you come in.


If at any point you want to switch advisors, you must visit the Registrar’s office and fill out the appropriate paperwork.


Click here to be directed to the Registrar’s home page, 

Or email them at registrar@defiance.edu. 

  • Last Updated Aug 15, 2018
  • Views 119
  • Answered By Lisa Crumit-Hancock

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0