Q. How do I embed a video into a PowerPoint presentation?
Embedding a video in a PowerPoint Presentation:
1. In order to embed a video, you must have the Developer Tab turned on. To do this, go to File à Options,àCustomize Ribbon, and under Main Tabs, check the box next to Developer and click OK.
2. To insert your video, select the Developer Tab. Click the More Controls icon, and select Shockwave Flash Object in the alphabetized pop-up window. Then click OK. You will then have to draw a box with your cursor in which the video will appear.
3. With your video box selected, click Properties in the Developer Tab.
4. Next to Movie, copy and paste the url link for the youtube video you want to use. Edit the video url by deleting any time the phrase watch? appears and changing all = symbols to the / symbol.
*Example: youtube.123watch?abc=defiance.com would be youtube.123abc/defiance.com
5. Close the Properties box. (You will not see your video immediately appear. In order to preview it, go to the Slide Show tab and select From Current Slide).