Q. How do I create a hanging indent?
To create a hanging indent:
1. Select the text you want to be indented by holding down the left-click and scrolling over the text.
2. In the Home tab, click the drop-down arrow on the Paragraph box.
3. In the Indents and Spacing tab, click the drop-down arrow on the Special category for Indentation.
4. Select Hanging and the size of the indentation (if you are making a Bibliography, 0.5 is the standard selection). Then click OK or hit Enter, and your text will now have hanging indentation!
* The same result can be achieved by selecting your desired text, and dragging the bottom alignment arrow to the 0.5 marker on the ruler. (If you cannot see the ruler, select the View tab, and be sure the Ruler box is checked).