Q. How do I connect to the wifi with my laptop?
ONLY Defiance College students. faculty and staff can connect to the campus Wi-Fi. You can connect to the Defiance College Wireless Network using your wireless enabled device with either an 802.11b or 802.11g card. Hotspots are readily available nearly anywhere on the Defiance College campus.
1) Click on the "Start" Menu. Select "My Network Places"
2) Highlight "Wireless Netowk Connection". Click on the "File" menu and choose "Properties".
3) Click the "Wireless Neworks" tab. In the area labeled "Preferred Networks", click the ADD button.
4) On the Association tab enter the following:
- SSID: defiancecollege
- Network Authentication: WPA
- Data encryption: TKIP
5) On the Authentication tab, change the EAP type to Protected EAP (PEAP). Click the "Properties" button under this dropdown box.
6) Remove the checkmark next to "Validate Server Certificate". Make sure the Authentication Method selection box is set to "Secure Password (EAP-MSCHAPv2). Click the "Configure" button.
7) Remove the checkmark next to "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)." Click OK. Click OK. Click OK.
8) If you are within range of a campus hotspot, your computer will attempt to associate to it. A dialog requesting more credentials should appear near your status bar. Click on it.
9) Enter your <USERNAME> and <PASSWORD> in the appropriate boxes. Click OK. Your user name is your email address, your password is your email's password. For example: "firstname.lastname@example.org" "a1b2xo3"
10) Now you should be connected. Proceed to Registering your computer by opening an Internet browser.
11) You should be forwarded automatically to the ResNet Registration homepage. IF it does not come up, type this URL into your web browser: http://192.168.5.39
12) Type your <E-MAIL USERNAME> and <PASSWORD> in the appropriate text boxes. For example: jdoe001@.defiance.edu
13) Read the Acceptable Network Usage Policy in its entirety. Check the box to indicate you have read it.
14) Click on the "I Accept - Register Me" button.
15) Reboot you computer when prompted.
To connect your game console, laptop, etc. view this link: