Q. How do I scan something?
Scanning will create a digital image and send it as an attachment to the email address you specify. The Library's copier/printers on both floors will scan in color or black and white. There is no charge for this service.
- Raise the lid on the copy machine.
- Place your document (face-down) on the glass and line up the edges according to size.
- Press "Scanner" on the home screen
- Press "Manual Input" and enter the email address where you want it to be sent. Press OK once the address is in place.
- Press "scan settings", where you can choose among the various b&w or color settings.
- Press "resolution" tab on the "scan settings" page to choose a higher resolution if you want higher than the default 200.
- Press "scan size" tab on the "scan settings" page to choose the size of your document and the orientation on the glass and press OK..
- Press "send file type" on the main scan page to select whether you want PDF or a tif file, and press OK.
- Touch the START button to scan the page.
- If you have more than one page to scan, the machine will give you 60 seconds to switch to the next page, and press "start" between each one.
- Once all the pages have been scanned, press the "#" button to send the completed scan via email.
We very much suggest that you log into your email to ensure that the transmission went through BEFORE you leave the library.
Library staff have found from personal experience that scans of 10-plus pages that are large format like 11 x 17, in color, or 300+ resolution may create files that are too large and won't go through, and you may not receive an error message alerting you that it failed. You may have to break up large files into several separate emails.