How do I create a discussion forum in a Moodle course?
Adding a Discussion Forum to a Moodle Course
1. Turn editing on
2. Go to the week or topic you wish to upload into
3. Click Add activity or resource and select Forum in the popup window.
4. Fill in a Name for your Forum link (required), and an Introduction, which can include a forum description, directions, or a link to an outside source to be used to guide the discussion.
5. Select the type of forum you wish to add from the drop-down list (look to the left to learn about the differences in forum types)
6. Adjust other forum settings as desired. Click on the name of the setting to learn more about it.
- Subscription Mode
- Read tracking
- Attachment size
- Max number of attachments
7. Other settings (Post Threshold for Blocking, Grade, Ratings, and Module settings) can be adjusted if needed.
8. Click on Save and Return to Course
You should now see a link to your forum within your main course page. Click on this link and be sure that the forum opens in the way you want it to