Where do I go to schedule classes?
To schedule courses, you’ll need to do the following:
1. Go to: http://www.defiance.edu/media/RC_scheduling_sheet_1011.pdf and print a scheduling sheet.
2. Look over the Academic Catalog for the semester that you’re seeking to schedule. The catalogs can be found on the D.C. website at: http://www.defiance.edu/pages/catalog.html
a. The courses that will be available
b. Which courses you will be able to take (due to prerequisite completion, academic status, etc.)
c. Which courses you need, and which courses you might want to take
d. The sections/ meeting times for the courses you plan to schedule
3. Set up a meeting with your advisor to discuss your upcoming course schedule. If he or she has not already done so, your advisor will be able to recommend certain courses and help you create a 4-year plan of study. Certain programs require that a student adhere to a relatively strict plan, while others allow students a lot of wiggle room for choosing electives or the order in which their classes are taken.(To see a sample of a 4-year plan for your major, go here: http://www.defiance.edu/pages/info_majors.html, select your major, and then select “Sample Plan of Study” at the top of the page).
Each year, you will fill out a new scheduling sheet with your advisor, adjusting your plan of study if need be. Your advisor must sign off on each scheduling sheet before you can register.
4. Turn in your scheduling sheet to the registrar’s office (located upstairs in Serrick- room 204). The registrar will create a temporary schedule for you, reserving your place in the classes you’ve requested.( Some classes fill up quickly, so it’s important to turn in your scheduling sheet as soon as possible in order to guarantee a spot in the section you want). Note: You are NOT registered for classes at this point. You will be able to view your schedule on Onestop, but you must submit a signed billing statement to the Business Office in order to be registered for classes.
5. Turn in your billing statement. To do this, log in to your Onestop account, click "View Current Term's Billing Statement" and print the document. Once you have determined your payment plan, sign and return the form with payment to the Business Office (located upstairs in Defiance Hall, Room 213). There, you will be formally registered for courses and will recieve a Registration Confirmation sticker that you should adhere to your Student ID.
Now you're finished!
For more information, please see the registrar’s page on the D.C. website, http://www.defiance.edu/pages/RC_home.html
Or contact them at: (419) 783-2551