How do I scan something?
Scanning will create a digital image (pdf) and send it as an attachment to the email address you specify.
To scan in black and white, you will use the printer/copier machine:
- Raise the lid on the copy machine.
- Place your document (face-down) on the glass and line up the edges according to size.
- Press "Scannner"
- Press "Manual Input" on the screen.
- Enter the email address you are sending the document to be received. Press OK once the address is in place.
- Touch the green START button to scan the page. [Note: if you have multiple pages you will repeat this last step. Place the next document on the screen and touch the green START button].
- Once all the pages have been scanned, press the blue "#" button to send the scan via email.
We very much suggest that you log into your email to ensure that the transmission went through BEFORE you leave the library.